If you’re a woman looking to balance hormones naturally with food you’re in the right place. Read on to discover how to make a delicious, creamy, frothy AF hormone balancing tea latte that will give you a competitive health advantage.
How to make the perfect hormone balancing tea latte
Making a hormone balancing tea latte is pretty easy. In fact we can simplify the whole process by saying just make a ‘regular’ tea with milk and add protein and fat to it.
The addition of these two macronutrients is what makes the latte balancing.
Let’s explore some of your options for making a hormone balancing tea latte.
But first … What is a Tea Latte
A tea latte is a beverage made from strongly brewed tea and frothy milk. It’s kinda like a milk tea that’s frothy or like a regular latte but made with tea not coffee.
Related : London Fog Earl Grey Tea Latte
Hormone Balancing Tea Latte Ingredients
Ingredient number 1 – The primary liquid base – Tea
Ingredient number 2 – The secondary liquid base – Milk
- Plant Based Milk
- Organic Raw Milk
Ingredient number 3 – Protein
Protein is needed to build your body up. In particular clean sources of animal protein contain all the necessary amino acids in a highly bioavailable form to create hormones and other compounds, not to mention build muscle in the body.
- Collagen Peptides
- Raw Organic Eggs
- Vegan Option – Moon Juice – Organic Vanilla Mushroom Adaptogenic Protein
Ingredient number 4 – Fat
Healthy fats are necessary for the production of hormones in adequate quantities – specifically steroid hormones like estrogen, testosterone, progesterone and cortisol.
Ingredient number 5 – Level up your tea latte with Adaptogens
Adaptogens are organic plants and mushrooms that help the body adapt to physical, environmental and emotional stress.
- Maca – my favourite for fertility
- Ashwaghanda – my favourite for thyroid health
- Tulsi Holy Basil – my favourite for combatting stress
- Reishi Mushroom – my favourite for mental clarity & immune health
- Lions Mane Mushroom – my favourite for mental clarity & energy
- He Shou Wu Powder – my favourite all rounder for hormonal health
- Moringa (not an adaptogen but a superfood that pairs very well with Matcha Green Tea Lattes)
- Adaptogen Mixes like Sun Potion Yin Powder & Four Sigmatic contain a variety of adaptogens blended together.
Optional Ingredient number 5 – Flavour Enhancers
- Spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom
- Maple Syrup
Special Mention – Vegetables
Additionally there are some vegetables which make amazing additions to lattes
- Turmeric Paste
Hormone Balancing Latte Method
1) In a mug – Brew your tea
Tips for making a delicious brew:
Follow the recommended steeping time and temperature for your selected tea, this is usually indicated on the package.
Never squeeze out the teabag into your cup as that only expels the bitter tasting tannins 🙂
2) In a small pot on the stovetop add
- brewed tea if it has cooled down
- fat if it’s in solid form, if it’s liquid add it directly to the blender
Heat over medium heat until hot
3) In a blender add
- fat if liquid
- optional flavour enhancers
4) When milk mixture is warm add it to the blender along with brewed tea
5) Blend until smooth
6) Pour into mug
Hormone Balancing Latte Recipes
Let’s put this all together with some amazing hormone balancing latte recipes to get you started.
Hormone Balancing Latte
- 1 cup tea
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon protein (choose from list above)
- 1 teaspoon fat (choose from list above)
- 1/2 teaspoon adaptogen (choose from list above)
- In a mug - Brew your tea
- In a small pot on the stovetop add: milk, brewed tea if it has cooled down, fat if it’s in solid form, if it’s liquid add it directly to the blender. Heat over medium heat until hot.
- In a blender add: protein, fat if liquid, adaptogens, optional flavour enhancers
- When milk mixture is warm add it to the blender along with brewed tea
- Blend until smooth
- Pour into mug