A different kind of pumpkin spice latte made with real pumpkin, healthy fats and homemade pumpkin spice mix. This pumpkin spice latte is real food at its best!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Season
My dearest readers I need your help! Please tell me why is the whole world obsessed with pumpkin during fall?
Maybe it’s just me but it seems once September rolls around everyone gets pumpkin fever.
Hi! Need help fixing your period?
Join the Natural Fit Foodie Community & see how easy it is to have a better period, stat!
I know because I have been infected and I don’t know how to cure myself.. sob… sob
First up in the never ending list of pumpkin recipes flooding my social media feeds is the ever famous Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte.
I have never had a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte.. GASP!!!
However with lots of help from my buddies Pinterest and Google I have been schooled on all things pumpkin spice latte.
What’s in a Pumpkin Spice Latte #realtalk
There is no shortage of Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte copycat recipes online so why am I posting yet another?
Well as you may or may not know the pumpkin spice latte you can buy at your coffee shop usually does not really contain any pumpkin.
I once had a Starbucks chai latte and it was nothing but disappointing to say the least. A stiflingly sweet hot beverage with a touch of spices, a pure sugar bomb. I imagine the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte to be no different but if I’m off here please feel free to correct me.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Real Food Copycat
A few of my real food blogger friends have been brave enough to create pumpkin spice lattes with actual pumpkin in it and I applaud them.
I am going one step further by adding a few more superfoods like coconut oil & collagen peptides.
So here it is my friends Natural Fit Foodie’s version of a pumpkin spice latte – with real pumpkin and my DIY pumpkin spice mix.
How do you make a Pumpkin Spice Latte at home?
- Place all the ingredients except (optional) coffee and pumpkin puree in a small saucepan and heat through until milk just begins to bubble.
- Pour into blender and add pumpkin puree. Process until frothy.
- Pour into coffee cup. Brew your espresso shot directly into the coffee cup.
- Stir to combine.
- You may add whipped cream to the top but I find that the coconut oil adds enough creaminess.
Pumpkin for the Menstrual Cycle
This Pumpkin Spice Latte is absolutely perfect during the luteal phase (the week before your period) of your menstrual cycle. As you know I always recommend warming foods during the luteal phase to ensure peaceful cramp free menses. Pumpkin is also rich in B vitamins, magnesium and potassium which your body craves at that time.
I sure hope you’ll try my version of the Pumpkin Spice Latte and remember if you do, come back and let me know your thoughts in the comment section!
- 1 cup coconut milk or milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon raw honey or maple syrup optional but helps emulsify coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil or coconut butter
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3-4 tablespoons pumpkin puree I use homemade
- 1 espresso shot optional
- 1 tablespoon collagen peptides (omit for vegan) optional but adds protein & makes the drink extra frothy
Place all the ingredients except coffee and pumpkin puree in a small saucepan and heat through until milk just begins to bubble.
Pour into blender and add pumpkin puree. Process until frothy.
Pour into coffee cup.
Brew your espresso shot directly into the coffee cup.
Stir to combine