This DIY Hibiscus Hair Mask is a natural deep conditioning treatment which will leave your hair nourished, shiny and strong.
I have been using my recipe for Homemade Deep Conditioner since going natural but lately I’ve been diving into Ayurveda Hair Care and incorporating ingredients such as hibiscus, henna and amla a lot more into my hair care routine.
I’ll be sharing some of those recipes soon but for today I want to introduce you to this gorgeous DIY Hibiscus Hair Mask.
Hi! Need help fixing your period?
Join the Natural Fit Foodie Community & see how easy it is to get your hormones back on track stat!
DIY Hibiscus Hair Mask
In Ayurveda the hibiscus bark, leaves and flowers are considered to have medicinal properties.
The Benefits of Hibiscus for Hair
- promotes hair growth
- helps prevents hair loss
- prevents premature greying
- thickens hair
- decreases frizz
- boosts of hair shine and bounce
- helps balance the pH of the scalp
- reduces redness and itching of the scalp
- works like an astringent to reduce the oiliness of hair
- mends split ends
How do you make a hibiscus hair mask?
Drawing on the success of my Hibiscus Face Mask I decided to combine hibiscus powder with full fat greek yogurt for this DIY hibiscus hair mask. Yogurt is full of protein which our hair needs for proper growth and health.
To further enhance the nourishing properties of this hibiscus hair mask I’ve also added the following ingredients:
The Benefits of Rosemary for Hair
- prevents thinning hair and hair loss
- fights against premature greying and can gradually darken existing grey hair. This is especially good news to me as I’ve been grey since my twenties and while I do embrace my greys (of late) and choose not to color them I wouldn’t mind to darken them up a bit naturally.
The Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel for Hair
Aloe vera has chemical composition similar to that of keratin, the primary protein of hair that helps to nourish and rejuvenate the hair. In addition aloe vera carries the following benefits for hair:
- adds strength and luster
- promotes hair growth
- helps to maintain the pH balance of the hair
- relieves itchy scalp
- locks in moisture
- helps control dandruff with its antifungal properties
The Benefits of Lemon Juice for Hair
- improves the rate at which your hair grows by boosting the production of collagen
- tightens the hair follicles, curbing hair loss
- cleanses the scalp and unclogs hair follicles
- maintains scalp health with its antifungal properties
- helps control the production of oil in your scalp
- helps stimulates re-growth of dormant hair follicles
So tell me will you give this DIY Hibiscus Hair Mask a try?
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl
Cleanse your hair with your sulfate free, paraben free and silicone free shampoo or cleanser
Apply the hibiscus mask to your hair, from the roots to the ends
Leave the mask on for at least half an hour and up to one hour
Rinse your hair
Style as desired