This warm beet latte is a delicious, nourishing drink great at supporting your body’s detoxification process and a natural blood builder.
If you follow me on Instagram then no doubt you have seen my obsession with this gorgeous warm beet latte. It’s with good reason too!
The liver being the primary detoxification organ, relies heavily on foods that have cleansing and restoring properties. And beets are the perfect fit for the job!
Beets contain important bioactive agents that work to protect the liver by increasing enzymatic antioxidants. They also have high levels of Vitamin C and a slew of other beneficial nutrients and minerals.
Beets for Estrogen Dominant Women
This warm beet latte is ideal during the menstrual phase of your cycle but if you are estrogen dominant then I suggest consuming detoxifying foods like beets throughout your cycle.
How do you know if you’re estrogen dominant?
If you suffer from any of the following conditions you could be estrogen dominant.
❗️Pre- menstrual headaches
❗️Decreased sex drive
What Causes Estrogen Dominance?
Estrogen is literally all around us and the more estrogen we absorb from our environment, the higher our estrogen levels become. Here are a few sources of external estrogen.
- Plastic water bottles : are often treated with chemical compounds called phthalates, a xenoestrogen, to increase its flexibility.
- Chemical-laden cosmetics : these xenoestrogens entering the skin get absorbed into your bloodstream without passing through the liver for detoxification. Ditch any beauty products containing phatalates and parabens today!
- Dryer sheets : loaded with xenoestrogens to make your clothes feel soft and fresh. These residual xenoestrogens can permeate your skin and go directly into your cells.
- Factory farmed animals which are injected with growth hormones: when we consume these animals and animal products we’re also ingesting these hormones.
- Phytoestrogenic foods such as soy, edamame, tofu and tempeh
How to decrease estrogen dominance
- Eat in harmony with your menstrual cycle : this helps balance hormones naturally.
- Make sure you’re getting enough fiber and drinking sufficient water : Estrogen is excreted via the bowel, so if waste remains in the bowel, estrogen is reabsorbed. Fiber binds to waste and water moves it on out.
- Reduce your toxic load and support your liver : the liver processes the toxins from our environment, the food we eat and the products we put on our bodies. When the liver is over-worked eliminating such toxins it’s capacity to cleanse the blood of estrogen is compromised. As best as you can try to eat pesticide free organic food, minimise the use of plastic, eliminate toxic household and beauty products.
- Eat naturally detoxifying foods every single day! Like this Warm Beet Latte.
Further Reading : How to eat for your menstrual cycle
Warm Beet Latte Recipe
The basic recipe for this warm beet latte is quite simple. All you need is 1 pre cooked beet, water and milk. However I highly recommend you go one step further and boost the nutritional value by adding a few superfoods.
Optional but highly recommended superfoods:
Collagen Peptides – clean source of protein with gut healing benefits
MCT Oil – improves cognitive function and fat burning abilities
Ashwaghanda Root Powder – Ayurvedic adaptogen that has shown incredible results for lowering cortisol (stress hormone) and balancing thyroid hormones.
Lucuma Powder – an exotic, slightly sweet subtropical fruit with rich flavors of custard and caramel. It’s rich in fiber, zinc and potassium.
So what do you say? Will you give this warm beet latte a try?
Warm Beet Latte
- Blend 1 pre cooked beet with 1/2 cup water and 1 cup nut milk.
- Add mixture to a small saucepan on low heat and warm through.
- Return the mixture to your blender and add superfoods. Collagen will make the drink super creamy and frothy so don't skip it.
- Pour into your favourite mug and enjoy!