Last Updated on
This quick and easy Strawberry Bellini is the ultimate holiday cocktail! Two simple ingredients combine for a refreshing sparkly drink to make your holiday complete.
How do you feel about Valentine’s Day? Valentine’s Day is the first fun celebration after the official holiday season is over and my family loves it!
Valentine’s Day celebrations
This year I’m planning a Valentine’s Day themed brunch, j’adore brunch! And although us three have very different ideas of the perfect brunch I’m determined to make it work!
- For my husband no brunch is complete without eggs.
- For my daughter it isn’t brunch if there’s no pancakes.
- In my opinion it shouldn’t even be called brunch if you are not serving some sort of champagne cocktail.
To keep everyone happy and in the name of Saint Valentine I will include all elements. Husband will be content with this creamy swiss chard and eggs dish. The princess will squeal with delight when I present her with a babyccino & pancakes cut into heart shapes smothered with homemade almond butter and chia seed jam. I will be thrilled just seeing the smile on their faces and a glass of this strawberry bellini in my hand.
Strawberry Bellini Ingredients
The original bellini cocktail is a mix of Prosecco , an Italian sparkling white wine and puréed white peaches. This strawberry bellini is made from rosé champagne and pureed strawberries. Champagne is commonly used in place of Procecco as it can be difficult to find depending on where you live.
Non Alcoholic Strawberry Bellini
To make this strawberry bellini kid friendly I’d replace the champagne altogether with sparkling water or apple juice.
After brunch we’ll all crawl onto the couch and watch the Valentine’s movie Madly Madagascar while I secretly hope my Fairy Godmother pops in and cleans up the mess that is the kitchen.
How about you, what are your plans for Valentine’s Day?
Please share this post to give your family and friends a chance to try out the recipe too.
- 1 bottle Rose champagne or Prosecco
- 2 cups strawberries washed and hulled
- Puree strawberries in a blender or food processor.
- Strain through a sieve. Reserve strawberry juice, discard pulp or save for using in smoothies.
- Combine strawberry juice with champagne in a large pitcher.
- Divide among champagne flutes.