Last Updated on
These easy skillet pork chops will have you begging for seconds. Gone are the days of tough, dry pork. Say hello to succulent, juicy pork chops!
I’ve always had problems when cooking pork. Somehow my pork dishes always turned out subpar to say the least. That was until I discovered the secret to succulent, juicy pork chops.
The Secret to Easy Skillet Pork Chops
Brining!! As a self-taught cook this little trick changed the game completely. Whenever I skip this step I can truly tell the difference. Gone are the days of tough, dry pork.
If you have time I highly recommend brining the pork chops. I’ve brined my pork chops for as little as half an hour to as long as 4 hours. The other step to achieving juicy pork chops is to start them on the stove-top and finish them off in the oven.
Pork chops are a really tender cut of meat and very easy to overcook.
Invest in a cast iron skillet and stove top to oven cooking becomes a breeze.
I served this alongside a delicious couscous pumpkin pilaf for my family. Because Couscous isn’t gluten free, I had mine with some leftover roasted sweet potatoes and broccoli.
Please share this post to give your family and friends a chance to try out the recipe too.
Easy Skillet Pork Chops
For the brine
- 2 cups room temperature water
- 2 tablespoons salt
For the pork chops
- 2 Pork chops bone in
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon provencal herbs or other dried herbs
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place pork chops in a shallow bowl. Make enough brine to cover your pork chops by combining 1 tablespoon of salt for every one cup of warm water.
- Cover the bowl and refridgerate up to four hours.
Pork Chops Method
- When ready to cook
- Pre-heat oven to 400ºF/200ºC
- Remove pork chops from brine and pat dry with paper towels. Coat both sides of the pork chops with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and provencal herbs.
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium-high heat on stovetop.
- Place pork chops in skillet and sear the underside for about 3 minutes.
- Flip the pork chops and place the skillet into the pre-heated oven for about 10-12 minutes.