Banana Muffins with coconut streusel topping
These banana muffins with coconut streusel topping make the perfect breakfast or snack. Make a double batch because they disappear fast!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Muffin Dry Ingredients
- ¾ cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 cup chestnut flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons Omega Seed Sprinkles
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon psyillium husk powder
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
Muffin Wet Ingredients
- ½ cup almond milk
- 4 dates
- 2 large over-ripe bananas
- 1 flax egg 1 tablespoon flaxmeal plus 3 tablespoons hot water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup optional
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of pink himalayan salt
Pre heat oven to 350ºF / 175ºC
Prepare flax egg by combining 1 tablespoon flaxmeal with 3 tablespoons hot water. Set aside
Remove the seeds from dates and place them in the milk to soak
Combine all the muffin dry ingredients in a large bowl
Combine all muffin wet ingredients in a blender. Add the flax egg and dates with milk as well. Blend until smooth.
Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix until combined.
Spoon mixture into silicone muffin molds.
Combine ingredients for the streusel topping.
Scoop a tablespoon of streusel topping over each muffin.
Place in the oven.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow the muffins to cool in molds for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes remove the muffins and place on a wire rack to cool completely before serving.