Quinoa Bean Chili
This Vegan Quinoa Bean Chili is hearty and filling enough to satisfy even the biggest meat lover out there! It freezes beautifully so all you need to do is grab and reheat later.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 15 oz kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz white kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 pound butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked and rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- ½ onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 dry bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon cayenne powder
- salt & pepper
- cilantro leaves
- grated cheese
- lime wedges
In a large pot saute onion and garlic in a bit of olive oil until tender.
Add pumpkin and spices and saute for a few more minutes.
Turn heat to medium/high and add all remaining ingredients to the pot. Bring to a rolling boil. Cover and let simmer on low for about 45 minutes.