One Pot Chicken and Pumpkin Rice
Calling all pumpkin lovers, this One Pot Chicken and Pumpkin Rice is for you! Delicious, hearty and ready in a flash not to mention it's all made in one pot!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into small cubes
- 1 cup white rice short to medium grain
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups raw, peeled, diced pumpkin sugar or pie variety pumpkin or butternut squash
- ½ medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- olive oil
- salt black pepper, sweet paprika
Preheat oven to 350F / 180ºC
Season chicken with salt, pepper and sweet paprika
In a skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil and cook chicken pieces until no longer pink. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Add additional olive oil and cook onions for about 2 minutes then add garlic, grated ginger, thyme and pumpkin. Cook for 10 minutes.
Add rice. Stir to combine then add stock.
Transfer skillet to the oven. Cook for approximately 30 minutes.
Remove skillet from the oven and add in chicken pieces. Cook for another 10 minutes then check for rice doneness. Add additional water or stock, if rice is too dry or uncooked.