Chocolate Skillet Brownie (gluten free, paleo, vegan)
This Chocolate Skillet Brownie is dense, fudgy, gooey, chocolatey. All the things a brownie should be! It’s got the added bonus of being gluten free, refined sugar free, paleo and vegan!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 cup runny nut butter I’ve used homemade almond butter and peanut butter with success
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey if not vegan
- 1 medium banana mashed
- 2 tablespoons espresso or instant coffee optional but really enhances the chocolate flavor
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened raw cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon pink himalayan salt
Preheat oven to 325ºF / 150ºC
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk with a hand mixer.
The batter will be extremely thick!
Melt 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a 6.5 inch cast iron skillet on stovetop.
Place batter into the cast iron skillet
Bake for 15 minutes.
The brownies will appear wet and gooey but the cast iron skillet retains heat for a very long time and brownies will continue to cook.
Garnish with ice cream, chocolate syrup,