Hazelnut Chocolate Zucchini Cake (gluten free, vegan)
This decadent Hazelnut Chocolate Zucchini Cake is chock full of wholesome ingredients like veggies, fruit and 100% whole grain gluten free flours. Who says you can’t have cake on a healthy diet?
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- 2 flax eggs 6 tbsp water + 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 cup hazelnut butter or other nut butter like almond
- 2/3 cup coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 medium sized golden apples peeled and cored
- 1 medium sized zucchini peeled, end chopped off
- ¾ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 shot brewed espresso optional
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
Pre heat oven to 190C /375F
Make your flax eggs by combining 6 tbsp water + 2 tbsp ground flax seeds. Set aside.
In a large bowl whisk together all dry ingredients.
Add all wet ingredients to a blender and process until smooth. Don’t forget the flax eggs!
Add wet ingredients to dry and mix to combine.
Pour the cake batter into a well greased bundt pan.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until you can poke it with a skewer and it comes out clean.
Allow the cake to cool completely before removing from the pan.
Drizzle with melted dark chocolate and decorate with additional hazelnuts.