Turmeric Muffins (gluten free, vegan)
Turmeric muffins make for a delicious nutrient dense snack or light breakfast for everyone.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- Dry Ingredients
- ⅔ cup sweet rice flour
- ¼ cup gluten free brown rice flour
- ¼ cup organic quinoa flour
- ¼ cup organic buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup organic shredded coconut
- ¼ cup crushed walnuts
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Wet Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons water + 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal this is a flax egg
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil oil
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup raw honey maple syrup
- 2 small carrots 100g in weight, peeled
- 1 apple 175g in weight, peeled and cored
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric paste or ground turmeric powder
Preheat oven to 400°F / 200°C
Line a muffin tin with silicone muffin liners or grease the pan with coconut oil.
Make a flax egg by combining 2 tablespoons water + 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds and set aside.
In a large bowl whisk together dry ingredients.
In a blender add all wet ingredients, including flax add. Blend until smooth.
Add blended wet ingredients to the dry.
Stir to combine.
Divide mixture evenly among 12 silicone muffin cups.
Bake for 18 - 20 minutes.