Last Updated on
These raw no bake sandwich cookies are not just your everyday treat. This is a specially formulated seed cycling recipe for the second half of your cycle so that you can REALLY look forward to enjoying your seeds each and everyday.
No Bake Sandwich Cookies for seed cycling
After my Almond Butter Fat Bombs went over so well with you ladies I just knew I needed to create more yummy seed cycling recipes, which is not the easiest task because the seeds must be raw and ground. As you may already know this is the best way to fully reap the benefits of seed cycling.
Hi! Need help fixing your period?
See how you can easily fix pain & PMS with the right foods
How the No Bake Sandwich Cookie was born…
I was in my luteal phase and got to thinking about what other yummy raw recipes I could create. What about some no bake cookies I thought. Yeah that’s a good idea! I got cracking and as I put the ingredients together I realised that to consume the daily dose of seed cycling seeds you would need to eat two of these little cookies.
And then it hit me… sandwich cookies! Put two of these no bake cookies together, fill them and make a sandwich cookie. And so the No Bake Sandwich Cookies for Seed Cycling was born.
Can I eat these No Bake Sandwich Cookies if I’m not doing Seed Cycling?
Yes, of course you can! In fact after I was done photographing them my hubby was like ‘Is it safe for me to have these?’ I’m like ‘No they’re for ladies only’ … hahaha. That was my attempt to keep them all for myself but unfortunately he didn’t fall for it.
These No Bake Sandwich Cookies are absolutely perfect for everyone. They’re especially handy during the summer when most of us have no desire to turn on the oven.
The filling for these No Bake Sandwich Cookies is a dark chocolate chia pudding. The pudding will need some time to thicken so consider making it a few hours or the day before.
If you have any pudding left over after you’ve filled your cookies you can eat it straight or top your coconut oil oatmeal with it. If you’re not into chia seed pudding enjoy your cookies plain or use another filling of your choice. For example you can slice a banana into coins and use one slice as the filling. You’ve got options.
So tell me, have you tried seed cycling and do you think recipes like this will make it easier to follow through with the process?
Let me know in the comment section below.
No Bake Sandwich Cookies
For the cookies
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 6 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 6 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 8 Dates softened
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tb honey / maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
For the Chocolate Chia Pudding
- ½ cup plant based milk
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons Raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
For the cookies
- Add first 3 ingredients to food processor and process until powder consistency
- Add dates coco oil and honey and process some more, until the cookie dough starts pulling away from the sides of your food processor
- Spread the cookie dough out onto a sheet of parchment paper
- Place another sheet of parchment on top of the dough and roll it out to about ¼ inch thick using a rolling pin.
- Use a shot glass like I did or a small circular cookie cutter to cut out cookies
- Transfer the cookies to a plate or glass container and place in fridge to set
- Fill cookies with chocolate chia pudding, if desired
- Enjoy your sandwich cookie
For the Chocolate Chia Pudding Filling
- Mix all ingredients together by hand in a small bowl
- The pudding will need some time to thicken so consider making it a few hours or the day before