A delicious gluten free banana bread that’s vegan and completely refined sugar free!
How do you feel about breakfast? Breakfast is my absolute favourite meal of the day!
It really is of utmost importance to start your day off well nourished if you’re to be of any use throughout the day. My idea of the perfect breakfast is usually millet porridge topped with nut butter and fruit because no matter the season I love having porridge for breakfast but ever so often I get a hankering for some kind of baked good.
I wanted to create a gluten free banana bread that was delicious yet completely guilt free. This banana bread satisfies both criteria and more. It is the perfect breakfast gluten free banana bread.
Refined sugar free, vegan, gluten free banana bread
Whole grain gluten-free flours like Oat, Almond and chestnut flour combine for a hearty, filling, portable breakfast. The entire recipe has just 2 tablespoons of honey, so you can have this banana bread for breakfast and not have to worry about your insulin levels spiking through the roof!
A bit of fruit and some greek yogurt is all you need to round it off.
Gluten Free Banana Bread : Best Practice
I baked the batter in my Lekue mini bread loaf mold. Gluten free doughs and batters can be really finicky. If your baking vessel of choice isn’t right you may find that the dough does not bake all the way through.
With the Lekue mold you’re guaranteed a finished product that is completely baked with a nice brown crust.
If you would like to turn your banana bread into dessert a bit of chocolate syrup and shredded coconut should do the trick.
Give this banana bread a try and let me know how you liked it.
Please share this post to give your family and friends a chance to try out the recipe too.
Gluten free banana bread
- ¾ cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 cup chestnut flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons Omega Seed Sprinkles
- 1 heaping tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon psyillium husk powder
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pre heat oven to 350ºF / 175ºC
- Prepare flax egg by combining 1 tablespoon flaxmeal with 3 tablespoons hot water. Set aside
- Remove the seeds from dates and place them in the milk to soak
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Combine all wet ingredients in a blender. Add the flax egg and dates with milk as well. Blend until smooth.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix until combined.
- Spoon mixture into Lekue silicone mini loaf molds.
- Place in the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow the loaves to cool in molds for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes remove the mini loaves and place on a wire rack to cool completely before serving.