This Coconut Oil Coffee is a dairy free take on the bulletproof coffee. The combination of caffeine and saturated fat gives you a great and lasting energy boost without the jitters.
Coconut Oil Coffee is a dairy free version of the ever popular Bulletproof Coffee. Bulletproof coffee is essentially coffee blended with grass-fed butter and MCT oil. It’s meant to replace your breakfast and make you feel focused, and energized.
In an attempt to make a dairy free version I decided to replace the grass fed butter with coconut oil.
Five Reasons to fall in love with this Coconut Oil Coffee
- Coconut oil adds a hint of sweetness so there’s no need for additional sweetener.
- The combination of caffeine and saturated fat really gives you a great and lasting energy boost.
- Coconut oil contains medium chain triglycerides that burns fat.
- Coconut oil has anti-bacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties. It also helps in the prevention of infections and strengthens the immune system.
- Coconut oil promotes satiety helping to suppresses your appetite.
How to make a coconut oil coffee that doesn’t suck.
The first couple times I tried to make a coconut oil coffee I simply added 1 tablespoon of semi solid coconut oil to my cup of coffee. That was a recipe for disaster! The coconut oil did not emulsify and I just ended up with an oily coffee.
I have certainly learnt my lesson. The key to a creamy coconut oil coffee is blending.
Here’s how I do it:
Add all ingredients except coffee to a microwave safe cup. I often add a teaspoon of toasted carob powder which complements the flavour perfectly and further enhances the taste. If you are not a fan of carob add a teaspoon of Organic Cacao .
Microwave on high until the coconut oil is liquid. You may also warm the liquid through on the stovetop instead of the microwave, I often do this.
Blend oh high until frothy.
Coconut Oil Coffee – simplified version
Omit the milk & carob/cacao powder . Simply add your coconut oil to hot coffee and blend.
Adding coconut oil to your coffee is a great way to supercharge and give your body a burst of energy to make it through the day. Not to mention you get all of the other amazing health benefits of coconut! This coconut oil coffee is soooo good. I have even made it for my daughter sans coffee and she loved it!
Please share this post to give your family and friends a chance to try out the recipe too.
PIN ME! PIN ME!
You May Also Like
Or how about another coconut oil recipe?
Coconut Oil Coffee is a dairy free version of the popular Bulletproof Coffee.
- 1 espresso shot
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted carob powder optional
- 1 teaspoon raw honey optional but helps emulsify coffee
- ½ cup milk of choice I use homemade nut milk)
Place all ingredients except coffee in a microwave safe container
Microwave on high until the liquid is warmed through
Pour into blender and process until frothy
Pour into coffee glass
Brew your espresso shot directly into the coffee glass
Stir to combine