This buckwheat granola is the perfect on the go gluten free nutrient dense breakfast or snack!!
Guys you know what? I think buckwheat is my greatest discovery since embarking on my health and wellness journey. I have been putting buckwheat to good use. I use buckwheat flour in my pancakes and breads. Buckwheat groats make an excellent porridge and chia pudding parfait. Now this Buckwheat granola.
Buckwheat Granola – On the go
Granola makes a healthy breakfast or snack that will keep your body energized. However, believe it or not most commercial brand granolas often labelled as ‘healthy’ are higher in sugar and calories than other breakfast cereals. My recommendation as always is to make your own.
This buckwheat granola is a little different in that it does not contain oats. I made it with my younger sister in mind. Oats spike her blood sugar 🙁
Another advantage of granola is that it is an easy portable breakfast or snack. Summer is fast approaching and if you’re travelling I highly recommend packing a few healthy meals or snacks to help you stay on track with clean eating.
How do you like granola? On its own, with yogurt or milk? Let me know in the comment section below.
Here’s my Coconut Cranberry Granola on Instagram. Make sure you follow me there for a regular dose of #cleaneats!
More Healthy Recipes You May Like
- 2 cups buckwheat groats
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup cranberries
- 1 very ripe banana mashed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix until coated evenly.
- Spread the mixture out onto the baking sheet and cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep a close eye on it so it does not burn.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool for about 15 minutes, and then break into chunks. Store in an airtight container or resealable bag.