The babyccino (coffee free cappuccino for the kiddos) is a favourite with the little ones who want to be part of the coffee club and with parents who long for a few moments of peace while they enjoy their cup of java.
What is a Babyccino
A babyccino is essentially a Cappuccino, but without the coffee. It’s a cupful of frothy milk goodness sometimes served with marshmallows and sprinkles.
When my little one was about 2 years old we had a playdate at a local cafe with a very good friend who was visiting Budapest. It was then I was introduced to the babyccino. My daughter loved it so much that I started making it at home.
The only ingredient you need to make a Babyccino is milk. My kiddos are dairy free so we use homemade nut milk. You can however take your Babyccino to the next level and make some flavoured versions like I do for my girls
How to make a flavored Babyccino
My daughter, I must say is a gourmet just like her mummy. She isn’t satisfied to have just a cup of frothy milk so throughout the years I’ve adapted it for her to make:
Chocolate Babyccino aka Aeroccino Hot Chocolate
Place 2 blocks of 70% chocolate in the bottom of a coffee cup and melt it in the microwave. Add your milk froth on top and serve. You could use chocolate syrup as well but those are usually full of sugar so I tend to avoid them.
Blueberry Lavender Babyccino
Place 2 tablespoons of Homemade Blueberry Lavender Syrup in the bottom of a coffee cup and add your milk froth on top. Serve.
How to make a Babyccino
To make a babyccino at home you will need a milk frother.
The main advantages of an Aeroccino
I know there are a lot of cheaper milk frothers out there but the Nespresso Aeroccino has many advantages over them.
- You can froth any type of milk with this frother, dairy and nut milk alike foam beautifully.
- It creates hot or cold froth in an instant
- The foam does not collapse as it sometimes does with with a steam wand.
- You can add a shot of pure vanilla extract to the milk before you froth it for tasty flavoured foam.
I just cannot recommend it more… By the way Nespresso isn’t paying me to say all this.. 😉
Do you think your little ones would enjoy a Babyccino?
Please share this post to give your family and friends a chance to try it out too.
Here’s another kid friendly post you may like!
- ½ cup milk of choice we like homemade nut Milk
- 1 tablespoon melted chocolate or chocolate syrup (for chocolate version)
- Froth milk using your milk frother
- For chocolate version - place 2 blocks of 70% chocolate in the bottom of a coffee cup and melt in the microwave.
- Pour frothed milk and foam into the cup
- Top with sprinkles