Turmeric has been used in India for thousands of years as a spice and medicinal herb. Turmeric Paste can be used for making golden milk, smoothies, teas and more!
Turmeric, known in Sanskrit as the “Golden Goddess” has been used in India for thousands of years as a spice and medicinal herb to boost immunity.
Turmeric comes from the root of the Curcuma Longa plant and is a member of the ginger family. Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. It has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant. It is also a natural blood purifier, analgesic and antiseptic.
Stop cooking more than one type of meal!
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE STRATEGY GUIDE
to learn exactly how to get your picky eaters onboard with healthy eating
SO YOU CAN FINALLY CLEAN UP YOUR DIET AND ENJOY BETTER HEALTH
I'll also send you 5 One Pot Dinner Recipes so you won't have to worry about what to cook on busy weeknights
I hate spam and will never share your email with anyone!
Read more about the health benefits of turmeric here.
One way to enjoy the benefits of this magical spice is to consume it as a food. Buy a good quality organic turmeric root powder and make a turmeric paste.
The paste can then be added to muffins :
I have even started adding it to my morning cup of warm lemon water and smoothies. But by far my favorite way to use turmeric paste is to make golden milk.
Turmeric Paste – How to
Turmeric paste is pretty easy to make however to fully reap the healing potential of this spice you need to combine it with two essential ingredients.
- Oil – turmeric is fat soluble, the added fat from the coconut oil aids our bodies ability to absorb turmeric. Use cold pressed virgin or Extra Virgin Coconut , Olive or Linseed oils.
- Freshly ground black pepper – Peppercorns contain the enzyme Piperine which slows the digestion of turmeric and increases curcumin’s absorption by 2000%
For their added anti-inflammatory benefits and to improve the taste I also add 1 teaspoon organic ground ginger root and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon but these are totally optional.
Inflammation is at the root of numerous ailments and diseases. Getting inflammation under control can have a significant impact on your health while reducing chronic pain, depression, autoimmune disorders, digestive disorders, asthma, cancer, heart disease, and more.
Changing your diet can be the first line of defense in fighting inflammation especially when combined with exercise and stress relief.
Externally turmeric paste can be used as a tooth whitener, a face mask or applied to cuts and bruises.
- 1 cup distilled water
- ½ cup organic ground turmeric root
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 1½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon organic ground ginger root (anti inflammatory)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (anti inflammatory)
- Place water and turmeric in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir constantly until you have a thick paste, approximately 7 to 8 minutes
- Remove from heat and whisk in virgin coconut oil, black pepper, ground ginger and cinnamon..
- Cool and put into a glass jar.
- Store in the fridge.
- Lasts up to 2 weeks.