These roasted brussels sprouts with pomegranate makes the perfect side dish. If you think brussels sprouts are boring make this and think again!
The quest for Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Don’t you just hate it when you go shopping for one item and they’re all out? There are certain food items I cannot get from my corner supermarket. So I need to journey at least 10 minutes to the next town for those.
Yesterday I did just that for brussels sprouts and they were all out. Determined as I am though, I went back today and luckily there was one package sitting on the shelf. The sprouts didn’t look very appealing but I had already prepped this balsamic reduction just for them so I was left with little choice.
Plus, I had a brussels sprout craving. Seriously, who craves brussels sprouts? I never did like brussels sprouts. That’s until I started roasting them. Roasted brussels sprouts are crunchy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside. Drizzle them with balsamic reduction and boom those cute little sprouts won’t even know what hit them.
How to make Roasted Brussels Sprouts
This dish quite easy to make as well. Simply mix brussels sprouts with olive oil until they are completely coated.
Line a baking sheet with foil and evenly spread sprouts on sheet. Season with salt and pepper then roast for 20 minutes.
This dish is worth going out of your way for.
Get more yummy side dish inspiration on my Pinterest board
Follow Natural Fit Foodie’s board Eat Clean : Side Dishes on Pinterest.
- If you think brussels sprouts are boring make this and think again.
- 14oz / 393g brussels sprouts, cleaned and cut in half
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- One handful fresh pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons balsamic reduction
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- Preheat oven to 450ºF/220ºC.
- In a large bowl, mix brussels sprouts with olive oil until they are completely coated.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and evenly spread sprouts on sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Test for tenderness, I usually bite one to test.
- Place sprouts on serving dish and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds. Drizzle with the Balsamic reduction.