This Pumpkin Pie Parfait is Vegan, Paleo, Gluten Free, Refined sugar-free. The perfect addition to your holiday table!
I came so close to caving in. I was on the last leg of my Personal Paleo Code Reset and I almost threw away 3.5 weeks of hard work for a piece of chocolate. I opened the cupboard held the chocolate in my hand, broke off a block, stared the enemy in the eye then put it back. Man that was hard! Sometimes I feel like I deserve a medal for my level of self-control. It gives me solace to know there are so many others out there like myself. Fist bump to all those on the Personal Paleo Code Reset and Whole30 diet!
I have a sweet tooth. After lunch and dinner I religiously have
one, two blocks of dark chocolate, my treat. For 3.5 weeks I had replaced that with a Medjool date. Yes I swapped a block of chocolate for a date. Kind of sad I know. It was working just fine though and I was beginning to feel I was over chocolate. But that night, that lone date was not gonna cut it, I wanted more. So after I put the chocolate away I quickly got to work and had this pumpkin pie parfait whipped up in about 15 minutes. Really. I needed my fix and I needed it immediately. Luckily I had half of a roasted pumpkin sitting in the fridge leftover from lunch. If you have canned pumpkin puree your prep time will be further reduced.
Let’s get to it!
Puree roasted pumpkin. Add a banana and a chia egg. (chia egg = 1 tablespoon chia seeds+3 tablespoons water)
Toast walnuts until fragrant. When walnuts are fragrant remove from the pan and process them in a food processor until crumbly. Add dates and process until broken down. In the very same pan you toasted the walnuts, add a little coconut oil, turn your burner on the lowest setting possible and add the berries. Allow the berries to warm through then remove from the heat.
Fill the bottom of your jars or glasses with the walnut mixture to form the first layer. Layer mousse mixture on top. Spoon warm berries over the mousse.
Grab a spoon and dig in!
You can easily make this parfait ahead of time. It makes the perfect dessert for one or a dinner party and it’s 100% Personal Paleo Code Reset and Whole-30 diet compliant!
Want to learn how to eat REAL food without going broke? Click the link below!
Have you tried a reset or detox diet lately? I would love to hear about your experiences in the comment section below.. 🙂
- 1 ½ cups /175g walnuts
- 10 Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups / 420g pumpkin puree
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups / 67g berries
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Toast the walnuts until fragrant.
- Soak dates in hot water while walnuts are toasting.
- Make chia egg by combining 1 tablespoon chia seeds with 3 tablespoons of water and set aside. When walnuts are fragrant remove from the pan and process them in a food processor until crumbly.
- Add dates and process until broken down. Remove mixture to a plate or bowl, you will need to use the food processor again.
- In the very same pan you toasted the walnuts, add a little coconut oil, turn your burner on the lowest setting possible and add the berries. Allow the berries to warm through then remove from the heat.
- Fill the bottom of your jars or glasses with the walnut mixture to form the first layer. Layer mousse mixture on top.
- Spoon warm berries over the mousse.
- Grab a spoon and dig in!