A refreshing combination of pink grapefruit, lime and mint. This Pink Grapefruit Virgin Mojito is sure to hit the spot this summer!
Summer is in full swing here in Spain with most days reaching temperatures of 35ºC plus. I usually drink at least 3 litres of water per day alongside a flask or two of tea but on these hot days I can’t seem to bring myself to drink hot tea.
More and more I’ve been making spritzers at home. Last week my family had lunch at one of our favorite restaurants. We especially love going there during the summer as they have 2 pools open for customers use.
We usually have a long, relaxing (3 hour) lunch; we’re learning a thing or two from the Spanish.. 😉 After lunch the little one hits the pool while hubby and I sit back and relax with a cocktail.
Given that I am the designated driver in our family I always opt for a mocktail. Last week when we were there I had a virgin mojito while hubby sipped on a caipirinha.
My standard for these type of country specific cocktails are set pretty high having tasted them in their ‘home’ countries. The cocktails tasted authentic enough though and I became inspired to make the mojito at home.
Coincidentally I’ve been a little obsessed with pink grapefruits lately so I decided to combine my 2 latest loves into one super duper refreshing mocktail.
I am absolutely in love with the result. I’ve been making this Pink Grapefruit Virgin Mojito daily for my daughter and I, it makes us feel ever so fancy!
Give it a try and let me know what you think.
What’s your favourite cocktail?
Please share this post to give your family and friends a chance to try out the recipe too.
- 1 teaspoon raw cane sugar
- 4 mint leaves
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 lime, sliced
- sparkling water or soda water
- ice cubes
- Muddle the sugar, mint and lime in the bottom of a glass with the end of a wooden spoon (I use a wooden pestle) until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Add the grapefruit juice, and stir together. Top up the glasses with sparkling water or club soda and one or two large ice cubes.
- Garnish with a few sprigs of mint leaves and slices of lime.