This Peach Chia Seed Jam will put those gorgeous peaches you can find at the farmer’s market to good use. With just a few added ingredients you will have a delicious jam you can enjoy all summer long!
Move over Berry Cherry Chia Seed Jam there’s a new favourite in town! If you remember well I did say there would be more chia seed jams in the making. Well I am a woman of my word. It’s amazing what wonderful things can happen when you eat in season!
WANT TO STOP FEEDING YOUR FAMILY TAKEOUT?
Join our community of natural minded moms and get
- The exact strategy I employed to get my family to eat healthier stat!
- 5 Healthy One Pot Dinner Recipes for busy weeknights.
Plus learn easy ways to become better organised in order to feed your family well and manage their health needs naturally even with a busy modern lifestyle.
I absolutely love berries, I could eat them all year round but I will be the first to admit that the strawberries I can buy in September don’t come anywhere close in flavour to ‘in season’ strawberries.
Eating in season has forced me to branch out and explore new foods that I would just otherwise bypass. My lovely neighbour gifted me with about 1 kilo of peaches last week and I knew I had to find a way to preserve them.
There was no way we would be able to eat them all before they went bad. I decided on a peach chia seed jam but felt that the peaches would need a bit of help with some extra flavour. Enter the homemade pumpkin spice mix I begged you to get ready earlier this week.
This second chia seed jam is definitely a keeper! Please give it a try and let me know what you think in the comment section below.
PIN ME PIN ME!!!
You may also like
Be sure to follow my Pinterest board for more inspiration!
Follow Natural Fit Foodie’s board Eat Clean : spreads,butters,condiments on Pinterest.
- Mix peaches and honey in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Place fruit in a blender and pulse a few times.
- Return fruit to the saucepan, lower heat and add chia seeds
- Cook for a further 10 minutes while mixture thickens.
- Stir in vanilla extract and spices.
- Pour into airtight glass container.