Calling all pumpkin lovers, this One Pot Chicken and Pumpkin Rice is for you! Delicious, hearty and ready in a flash not to mention it’s all made in one pot!
Pumpkin rice is a popular dish throughout the Caribbean, probably more so in Jamaica where it’s often served alongside Jerk Chicken.
A couple weeks ago that’s exactly what I had planned for lunch; pumpkin rice and jerk chicken, but then somehow I ran out of time. I was in such a hurry to throw lunch together that I decided to combine everything and so came about this One Pot Chicken and Pumpkin Rice. I made it again the following week just so I could get some step by step photos for you 😉
Stop cooking more than one type of meal!
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE STRATEGY GUIDE
to learn exactly how to get your picky eaters onboard with healthy eating
SO YOU CAN FINALLY CLEAN UP YOUR DIET AND ENJOY BETTER HEALTH
I'll also send you 5 One Pot Dinner Recipes so you won't have to worry about what to cook on busy weeknights
I hate spam and will never share your email with anyone!
One Pot Chicken and Pumpkin Rice
Its #nomnom !!!
This dish came together in a flash and received a big thumbs up from my hubby and the little princess.
Give it a try and let me know how you like it!
More Pumpkin recipes you may enjoy!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup white rice (long grain)
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups diced pumpkin
- ½ medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- olive oil
- salt, black pepper, sweet paprika
- Preheat oven to 350F / 180ºC
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and sweet paprika
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil and cook chicken pieces until no longer pink. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add additional olive oil and cook onions for about 2 minutes then add garlic, grated ginger, thyme and pumpkin. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add rice. Stir to combine then add stock.
- Transfer skillet to the oven. Cook for approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove skillet from the oven and add in chicken pieces. Cook for another 10 minutes then check for rice doneness. Add additional water or stock, if rice is too dry or uncooked.