This hibiscus face mask is 100% real food nourishment for your skin. It gently cleanses and exfoliates leaving your skin moisturized and rejuvenated!
In today’s world it seems like we’re all trying to find the ‘magic bullet’ that delays the natural ageing process. Put an anti-ageing label on almost any product and it seems to fly off the shelves!
But the secret to a gorgeous, glowing complexion doesn’t lie in super expensive beauty products. A healthy outside starts on the inside. That means you must get to work on your diet and lifestyle.
Stop cooking more than one type of meal!
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE STRATEGY GUIDE
to learn exactly how to get your picky eaters onboard with healthy eating
SO YOU CAN FINALLY CLEAN UP YOUR DIET AND ENJOY BETTER HEALTH
I'll also send you 5 One Pot Dinner Recipes so you won't have to worry about what to cook on busy weeknights
I hate spam and will never share your email with anyone!
Here are my top tips for true beauty that shines from the inside out.
- Maintain healthy eating habits: Eat a ton of fruits and vegetables. Berries and leafy green vegetables are especially rich in antioxidants and additional potentially age deterring compounds.
- Hydrate adequately: Anti-ageing skin care can’t be any simpler than this. Water helps to flush out toxins from the body, making it less prone to disease.
- Beat stress: Stress throws your hormones out of whack and accelerates the ageing process. Sleep, meditation and exercise, are all good ways of beating stress.
- Supplement with collagen: As we age collagen (the protein produced by our cells that helps hold the skin together) production slows. This can result in saggy skin and wrinkles.
- Use natural organic skin care products: Avoid the use of strong, chemical based products on your skin.
Mother’s Day was celebrated last Sunday here in Spain and to mark the occasion my daughter and I had a spa day. I am happy to share with you this wonderful rejuvenating hibiscus face mask that she and I created on Mother’s Day.
How to make hibiscus face mask
Combine 1/4 cup brown rice flour and 1 heaping teaspoon of hibiscus powder in a clean bowl. Mix well and store in a glass container with a tight fitting lid. This dry mask mixture will keep for weeks.
To make hibiscus powder: Grind a handful of dried hibiscus flowers down in your food processor or coffee grinder until fine.
Brown rice flour is a staple in my gluten-free pantry but if you do not have brown rice flour you can grind brown rice in a food processor or coffee grinder. Alternatively oat flour or finely ground oats can be substituted.
When you’re ready to make your mask remove 2 teaspoons of the dry mask (dry ingredients) to a small bowl or plate and add just enough yogurt and aloe vera gel to form a thick paste. You can start with 1/4 teaspoon of each. Spread over your face. Let dry for 10 – 15 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
Let’s take a closer look at the health benefits of this Hibiscus Face Mask
- contains naturally occurring acids which help to purify your skin by breaking down dead skin and increasing cell turnover, they can even help to control acne breakouts.
- has astringent and anti-inflammatory properties that help treat redness and inflammation from eczema and other skin conditions.
- increases skin elasticity to give a stunning natural youth-boost
- actively combats the ageing process by firming and lifting your skin
- is rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants are proven to help fight skin damaging free radicals.
- is rich in vitamins and essential fatty acids great for renewing and moisturizing skin.
- the selenium present in brown rice helps to maintain skin elasticity and reduce skin inflammation.
- excellent emollient properties for moisturizing dry skin.
- has anti-inflammatory properties which help reduce acne greatly.
When I was growing up we had an aloe vera plant in our backyard. As a teenager I suffered with acne. My mom would slice the aloe plant open and scoop out the gel. I would then apply this directly to my skin. It worked wonders to relieve my symptoms.
100% Grass-Fed, Organic, Plain Yogurt
- contains lactic acid, a natural hydroxyl-acid which helps exfoliate and hydrate skin. Lactic acid also helps prevent pre-mature skin ageing.
- contains zinc, which helps lighten blemishes and scars and helps prevent redness of the skin.
- helps to absorb excess oil and makes your skin feel tighter and smoother.
Yogurt is one of my go to foods for nourishing skin and hair care!
Have you used food as part of your skincare routine? Let me know in the comments below!
You May Also Enjoy
- Aloe vera gel
- Place brown rice flour and hibiscus powder in a clean bowl. Mix well and store in a glass container with a tight fitting lid.
- When you’re ready to use mix 2 teaspoons of the dry mask powder with just enough yogurt and aloe vera gel to form a thick paste. Spread over your face. Let dry for 10 - 15 minutes before rinsing with warm water.