This goat cheese and spinach stuffed chicken breast is a simple yet highly impressive dish!
Sometimes you need a dish that’s fancy and sometimes you need a dish that’s quick and easy. How about those times when you need both? A couple of weeks ago my husband and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary. I have been so caught up in the business of blogging lately that I totally forgot to plan a special meal for us on the actual day. Awful I know but the cold hard truth. We had already decided that on the weekend we would go out and celebrate. A friend told us about a new Cuban cafe on the beach with live entertainment so we thought we would go check it out. Hubby and I spent our honeymoon in Cuba so that would be extra special for us.
Goat cheese and spinach stuffed chicken breast may sound complicated but it really isn’t. First I browned the chicken on the stove-top then added the vegetables and stock, popped it in the oven. Et voila! Yet another one pot dish thanks to my cast-iron skillet. Man do I love that thing!
Want to learn how to eat REAL food without going broke? Click the link below!
Stuffing the chicken breast is the most ‘difficult’ part of the preparation but even that isn’t hard. Here are a few step by step photos of the process.
Stuffed Chicken Breast – How to
To ensure that my family gets an adequate serving of vegetables each day I often make a 100% veggie side dish. No grains, no legumes. You already know how much I love brussels sprouts from this post but I also enjoy combining different colored vegetables, that way I’m never bored.
If you’re in a pinch for time but need an impressive dish I would highly recommend this goat cheese and spinach stuffed chicken breast. My hubby and I washed it down with a glass of red wine and toasted to our anniversary and many more years to come!
Don’t miss another post! Sign up for my free eNewsletter and receive each new recipe straight in your inbox.
Please share this post to give your family and friends a chance to try out the recipe too.
Need more main course ideas? Check out my Pinterest board here:
Follow Natural Fit Foodie’s board Eat Clean : Main Courses on Pinterest.
- ½ cup / 125ml stock
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts halves, pounded thin
- 4 ounces /100g goat cheese at room temperature
- ¼ cup / 60g frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- salt and pepper to season
- 14oz / 393g brussels sprouts, cleaned and cut in half
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF/200ºC.
- In a large bowl, mix brussels sprouts and carrots with olive oil until they are completely coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix goat’s cheese and spinach in a bowl and set aside.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Lay each chicken breast out and place a spoonful of cheese mixture on top.
- Roll chicken breast up and secure with kitchen twine
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to skillet and brown chicken breasts on all sides.
- Add brussels sprouts, carrots and stock to the skillet and place skillet in the oven.